- Mechanical design of custom edge-lit LED lighting solutions.
- Hands on optical test, evaluation and debugging of prototype and production components.
- Optical design and analysis of current and future concept programs.
- Perform analysis to develop design options or recommendations for LED systems and components.
- Work on a combination of engineering specialties covering more than one discipline.
- Plan and execute complex design and development projects.
- Work with limited supervision.
- Creativity – must be able to conceptualize numerous ways to achieve a design and review concepts in a team environment.
- Enthusiastic, entrepreneurial and highly innovative, can do attitude, resourceful problem solver, comfortable in a fast moving and highly dynamic environment.
- Must be able to complete multiple tasks effectively, including work prioritization and program management to specifications, schedules and budgets in a results orientated environment.
- Report writing, data extrapolation and documentation.
- Perform other duties as necessary to accomplish departmental objectives.
Desired Education, Skills, and Experience
- BS required in an engineering discipline (mechanical, electrical, electro-optical)
- Experience with process or product development in lab or production environment preferred.
- Experience in processing optical applications including; knowledge of connector designs, adhesives, assembly processes and optical testing.
- Demonstrated strong project management skills and adherence to deadlines.
- Proficient with Microsoft products including PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Skilled in the use of CAD, SolidWorks preferred.
- LED systems product development
- Knowledge of visible LED technology, applications and packaging.
- Experience with PCB prototyping highly desirable.
- Experience with multiple rapid prototyping techniques.
- Self-starting and approachable, enthusiastic but practical in developing new technologies.
Ready to start a brighter career?
Email Resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunity employer.